Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th July!

We had fun celebrating America's birthday yesterday with the McDonald family and had some great BBQ followed by some fireworks. The boys had fun with water balloons, glow sticks and bubbles but of course for Lochie the highlight of the night was the fireworks. His favourite was a little one that looked like a cardboard monkey driving a car. I found a picture online of what it looks like pre-lit. The thing lasted like 12 seconds and moved forward probably 8 inches - but Lochie is still talking about that one today! We had cool spinners, flashers and pretty glitter cones but it was the monkey drive one that did it for Lachlan! I really liked the ground blossoms (?) that spun around in different colours and also the glitter cones. My friend Shanell provided some great fireworks for us (they're running a stand this year) and Josh got some great ones too so between ours, the neighbours across the street and the sky lit up with pretty illegal fireworks from people in neighbouring subdivisions we had quite a great display! As always, Lachlan was so excited to spend time with his "best friend" Aiden - he is always SO excited to play with him and the older boys too. Lachlan is so cute because whenever he talks about Aiden he always calls him "my best friend Aiden" - as in, "Are we going to my best friend Aiden's house?" or "Me and my best friend Aiden played with the glow sticks like lightsabers!". Aiden is a super-cute little boy and he is such a crack-up because he is always so animated and excited about everything I find myself grinning whenever I'm around him. We had so much fun and it was a really relaxed, enjoyable holiday. Here are some pics of Lachlan in our front yard before we went over to the McDonalds and also some of the boys and the fireworks (I didn't use a flash so they are a bit blurry but it captured the fireworks better).

No comments: